Saturday, February 2, 2013

Granddaughters FIRST Beach Trip


I can't believe I forgot to write about this!
On January 6th we (me, husband, and som) drove over to Flagler Beach to take my 2 year old granddaughter to the beach for the first time. We got custody of her in October 2012 and she lived in NY for a year so she had never been. It was a nice day so we wanted to show her our favorite spot to vacation.



She did NOT like the beach at first. She was scared :( I think it was mainly the sound of the waves and there's just soooooooo much water for a 2 year old to take. After a little while we got her to get down and walk the beach and she even played in the sand. If that child had been living with me, she'd of been at the beach a long time ago! We LOVE the beach and I am sure she will too.....eventually. We walked her to the pier, to the surf shop, and then took her to eat at our favorite place- Snack Jacks. She ate chicken strips and fries. And she LOVED looking out at the beach. She started thinking it was funny.
It was amazing seeing it through her eyes. Hopefully there will be many more beach trips for her.


Here's a few pictures of her.....I love this little girl soooooooo much!!

She was scared at first and clung to uncle Breydon.


 Playing in the sand with PopPop
Eating at Snack Jacks
 
With PopPop and Uncle Breydon







No comments:

Post a Comment